Monday, October 5, 2015

On the Honeymoon Trail


We found a stake center in a little New York town where we could watch the Sunday morning session of general conference. As we got close we saw this funeral home and stopped to take a picture because we thought the name was so funny.  

In the stake center was a very large friendly woman, wearing sweats and slippers and carrying a fleece blanket to snuggle in while she watched conference. We visited back and forth. She seemed so interested in us that I showed her this picture I had just created, thinking she would enjoy it. I asked her "Is this funeral home really pronounced Am I Gone?" She said "Yes, and funny thing, I just lost my husband 8 weeks ago."

I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. I said, "Oh! I am so sorry for your loss.".She said, "Oh that's ok, its a part of life." We continued to talk until conference started. She said that when they came to pick up her husband's body, they labeled her home a hoarder's house and she has 5 months to get it cleaned up or it will be condemned. Wow, you never know what is in a stranger's heart


We drove over the border into the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. It has the best view of both falls.




All this water is unfathomable to an Arizona girl.


Carol and Keith are so fun to be around.


I told Mark that this was our second honeymoon. He said, more like the third or fourth.


1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying every picture and every word. The funeral home is a killer....ooops.

    ReplyDelete